- Construction: SAE 100R12 hydraulic hoses are typically constructed with a four-layer structure, consisting of an inner tube, multiple layers of high-tensile steel wire reinforcement, and an outer cover.
- Inner Tube: The inner tube of the hose is made of synthetic rubber or thermoplastic material, serving as a barrier to contain hydraulic fluid and prevent leakage.
- Multiple Layers of High-Tensile Steel Wire Reinforcement: SAE 100R12 hoses feature multiple layers of high-tensile steel wire braids, spiral-wrapped or interlocked, to provide exceptional strength and resistance to high-pressure conditions. This reinforcement allows the hose to withstand extreme pressure and flex without bursting.
- Outer Cover: The outer cover of the hose is made of a synthetic rubber compound that is resistant to abrasion, weather, and environmental conditions. It protects the inner layers from external damage and helps prolong the hose’s lifespan.
- Pressure Rating: SAE 100R12 hydraulic hoses are designed for very high-pressure hydraulic systems. They typically have a pressure rating that can range from 4,000 to 6,000 psi (pounds per square inch), depending on the manufacturer.
- Temperature Range: These hoses are designed to operate within a specific temperature range, typically from -40°C to 121°C (-40°F to 250°F), but the exact range may vary depending on the manufacturer and materials used.
- Application: SAE 100R12 hoses are used in high-pressure hydraulic applications where the transfer of hydraulic fluid under extreme pressure conditions is required. These hoses are commonly employed in heavy machinery, construction equipment, industrial machinery, and other applications where high-pressure hydraulic power is essential.
- Compatibility: SAE 100R12 hydraulic hoses are designed to work with various hydraulic fluids, including mineral oils, synthetic oils, and water-based fluids. It’s important to ensure compatibility with the specific fluid used in your application.