- Construction: SAE R3 hydraulic hoses are typically constructed with a two-layer structure, consisting of an inner tube and a textile braid reinforcement.
- Inner Tube: The inner tube of the hose is usually made of synthetic rubber or thermoplastic material, which serves as a barrier to contain hydraulic fluid and prevent leakage.
- Reinforcement Layer: Unlike higher-pressure hoses, SAE R3 hoses typically have textile braid reinforcement instead of steel wire braids. This textile reinforcement provides flexibility and moderate strength, making them suitable for low-pressure applications.
- Outer Cover: The outer cover of the hose is typically made of a synthetic rubber compound that is resistant to abrasion, weather, and environmental conditions. It protects the inner layers from external damage and helps prolong the hose’s lifespan.
- Pressure Rating: SAE R3 hydraulic hoses are designed for low-pressure hydraulic systems. They typically have a pressure rating in the range of 300 to 500 psi (pounds per square inch), making them suitable for applications where high pressure is not a requirement.
- Temperature Range: These hoses are designed to operate within a specific temperature range, usually from -40°C to 100°C (-40°F to 212°F), but the exact range may vary depending on the manufacturer and materials used.
- Application: SAE R3 hoses are suitable for applications with low-pressure hydraulic fluid transfer, such as in industrial machinery, agricultural equipment, and other systems that do not require the high-pressure capabilities of other hydraulic hoses.
- Compatibility: SAE R3 hydraulic hoses are designed to work with a variety of hydraulic fluids, including mineral oils, water-based fluids, and some synthetic oils. It’s important to ensure compatibility with the specific fluid used in your application.