- Construction: SAE 100 R6 hydraulic hoses are typically constructed with a two-layer structure, consisting of an inner tube and a textile braid reinforcement.
- Inner Tube: The inner tube of the hose is typically made of synthetic rubber or thermoplastic material, which serves as a barrier to contain hydraulic fluid and prevent leakage.
- Textile Braid Reinforcement: SAE 100 R6 hoses feature a textile braid reinforcement made of high-strength materials, such as cotton, polyester, or similar textiles. This reinforcement provides flexibility and moderate strength, making them suitable for low to medium-pressure applications.
- Outer Cover: The outer cover of the hose is typically made of a synthetic rubber compound that is resistant to abrasion, weather, and environmental conditions. It protects the inner layers from external damage and helps prolong the hose’s lifespan.
- Pressure Rating: SAE 100 R6 hydraulic hoses are designed for low to medium-pressure hydraulic systems. They typically have a pressure rating in the range of 300 to 500 psi (pounds per square inch), making them suitable for applications that do not require high-pressure capabilities.
- Temperature Range: These hoses are designed to operate within a specific temperature range, usually from -40°C to 100°C (-40°F to 212°F), but the exact range may vary depending on the manufacturer and materials used.
- Application: SAE 100 R6 hoses are suitable for applications that require low to medium-pressure hydraulic fluid transfer, such as in industrial machinery, agricultural equipment, and other systems that do not demand high-pressure resistance.
- Compatibility: SAE 100 R6 hydraulic hoses are designed to work with a variety of hydraulic fluids, including mineral oils, water-based fluids, and some synthetic oils. Compatibility with the specific fluid used in your application is essential to ensure proper performance and longevity.