- Construction: 4SH hydraulic hoses are typically constructed with multiple layers of high-quality materials to withstand the demands of very high-pressure hydraulic systems. The most common construction consists of an inner tube, multiple layers of high-tensile steel wire reinforcement, and an outer cover.
- Inner Tube: The inner tube is the innermost layer of the hose and is usually made of synthetic rubber or thermoplastic materials. It serves as a barrier to contain the hydraulic fluid and prevent leakage.
- Multiple Layers of High-Tensile Steel Wire Reinforcement: 4SH hydraulic hoses feature a four-layer spiral-wound high-tensile steel wire reinforcement. This reinforcement provides excellent strength and resistance to very high pressures. The number “4” in the designation indicates the number of reinforcement layers.
- Outer Cover: The outer cover of the hose is made of a synthetic rubber compound that is resistant to abrasion, weather, and various environmental conditions. It protects the inner layers from external damage and prolongs the hose’s lifespan.
- Pressure Rating: 4SH hydraulic hoses are designed to handle extremely high-pressure hydraulic systems. The pressure rating is typically specified by the manufacturer and can be significantly higher than lower-pressure hose types, often exceeding 6,000 psi (pounds per square inch) or more.
- Temperature Range: These hoses are designed to operate within a specific temperature range, typically from -40°C to 100°C (-40°F to 212°F), although this can vary depending on the manufacturer and materials used.
- Application: 4SH hydraulic hoses are suitable for applications in hydraulic systems that require very high-pressure fluid transfer, such as in heavy machinery, construction equipment, and industrial systems with demanding hydraulic requirements.
- Compatibility: 4SH hoses are designed to work with a variety of hydraulic fluids, including mineral oils, water-based fluids, synthetic oils, and some biodegradable hydraulic fluids. However, it’s important to ensure compatibility with the specific fluid used in your application.