- Construction: SAE 100R4 hydraulic hoses are typically constructed with a two-layer structure, consisting of an inner tube and helical wire reinforcement with an outer cover.
- Inner Tube: The inner tube of the hose is usually made of synthetic rubber or thermoplastic material, serving as a barrier to contain hydraulic fluid. It must be resistant to the type of fluid it will come into contact with.
- Helical Wire Reinforcement: SAE 100R4 hoses feature a helical wire reinforcement, which provides both structural support and flexibility. This reinforcement allows the hose to maintain its shape and resist collapsing under vacuum conditions when used in suction applications.
- Outer Cover: The outer cover of the hose is typically made of a synthetic rubber compound that is resistant to abrasion, weather, and environmental conditions. It protects the inner layers from external damage and helps prolong the hose’s lifespan.
- Pressure Rating: SAE 100R4 hydraulic hoses are designed for low-pressure hydraulic systems and have a pressure rating that typically ranges from 250 to 300 psi (pounds per square inch).
- Temperature Range: These hoses are designed to operate within a specific temperature range, typically from -40°C to 100°C (-40°F to 212°F), but the exact range may vary depending on the manufacturer and materials used.
- Application: SAE 100R4 hoses are primarily used in suction and return lines in hydraulic systems where low-pressure hydraulic fluid transfer is required. They are commonly employed in applications where hydraulic fluid needs to be drawn from one location and returned to a reservoir.
- Compatibility: SAE 100R4 hydraulic hoses are designed to work with a variety of hydraulic fluids, including mineral oils, water-based fluids, and some synthetic oils. Compatibility with the specific fluid being used is essential to ensure proper performance and longevity.